Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Emergency

I was supposed to go home yesterday but the roads were too icey and it was way too windy to try. All last night I tossed and turned because I had a bad feeling about today. When I woke up, I called my mom at work, on her cell and at home. I called my dad and he had to call me right back. Sweet, 10 more minutes of sleepy time before the decision to go there is made. My dad calls me back to tell me my mom was admitted to the hospital last night. Something with her heart. He says she's fine, feels fine and is in good spirits. Oddly enough, he is too. So much for waiting another day.

I'm in a mild panic between the road conditions and my mom. My dad thinks she'll be out by the time I get home in 5 hours or whatever, but I still worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home