Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Finally Went Out to the Movies

On Sunday, I pulled myself away from watching such classic films on DVD such as Puppetmaster and the Dr WHO TV series to go see Facotry Girl with Ivy. I liked-not-loved it. It was painlessly short (1 hr 27 mins) and I had to pee from the moment I sat down.

I love any movie where NYC is the backdrop. Sienna Miller was born to play Edie Sedgwick and nothing else. I'm not completely up on my Factory who's who so certain characters confused me (like Mena Suvari's) because they would randomly pop in and out without notice or meaning. I did like how they depicted Warhol, although Guy Pearce's protruding mouth area was quite distracting. The fact that Edie's downfall was more or less placed on Warhol's shoulders was brave because everybody loves him and thinks he's a saint. It was nice to see him portayed in a more deviant light. And how "the folk musician" (a.k.a. Bob Dylan) confronted the ridiculousness of the Factory and what it stood for (if anything) was clever.

Bare with my movie reviewing, I haven't done so since college.

Anyway, the costumes were phenomenal. Here's my fav:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home