Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

GO to Target



Believe the hype. The Proenza Schouler line for Target's GO International is off the meter. I practically bought out the stock at South Bay (who would of guessed Dorchester was the height of fashion!). As I shopped there, my partner in crime, Callie worked a North Shore Target that she claims was "practically untouched". Somerville however, pretty picked through. I got 3 incredible coats, including the grey suede cropped number pictured and tons more fun.

Based on my perusing of the Target website, some items have yet to be released such as the blue boustier top. However, the much coveted fuschia boustier dress was available at South Bay in size 11 and 13. Good rule of thumb for anyone planning on hitting the craze - pants run a size small so buy up (just like they did for Paul & Joe) and tops are true to size. The swing coats are adorable and boxy on purpose, so don't get scared... although I'm considering having mine taken in.

Poor Behnaz Sarafpour. Too bad there wasn't this much hype for her stuff, which was in stores throughout the fall and winter. It seems like the whole collection is still available online for a bargain. I remember the commercials on TV but I guess the stuff was not nearly as stellar as previous guest designers. I had just moved to Boston when Luella's stuff came out so I wasn't quick enough to move on it, although I saw the line at LaForce + Stevens before it was announced and had some enviable items. I picked up some basics from the Paul & Joe line, but the Behnaz stuff I didn't think twice about. It's a shame because she's a great gal. Must suck to be the least popular guest designer at Target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home