Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Pistol Cherry Pop

No this is not some obscure hipster band but it would be a great name. I got my pistol cherry popped today. I was driving down Centre St in JP on my way home from pilates. I was right over by the Stop N Shop, sitting in traffic. School must've just gotten out because I kept thinking about how much high school kids scare the pants off me. For serious.

There were these dudes, one was kinda "pretty", fooling around in front of some bodega across from the SNS. Right before I pulled away, one kid puts the pretty one in a headlock and stickes a pistol against his neck. It took a second to register what the fuck that was and I knew they were just playing but really, you don't fuck around like that. I've never seen something so ignorant and careless.

I don't get it. I mean, if you could actually hold your own in a fight you wouldn't need a stupid gun. A real man would be able to squash conflict without even resorting to violence (like the time at the Ghostface show in Providence when some fat white guy told Mike to move, got his XXXXL panties in a bunch when Mike refused and Braun handled the situation calmly with words, somehow resulting in me crying because I was afraid the fat fuck would rape me).

I've seen plenty of fist fights and knife fights in NY. I try to take pictures of them when I see one because I think it's funny. There was even a gang war outside my door in Chinatown and some restaurant's windows got shot in over competing bus lines (Fung Wah baby!). You don't fuck with triads. But stupid kids whipping out pistols when joking around with their friends has just brought my tolerance (or lack of) to a whole other level for me.

Sorry for the PSA. I still think JP is a lovely neighborhood beyond that weird rotary on Centre St. Hey Patty, do you live on Gayhead St?

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home