Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Aw Schucks

I got schooled by an 11 year old Latin girl today. While buying produce for this evening's bday BBQ, I grabbed some sweet corn at the Super Stop & Shop in Dorchester. This place makes me hyper-aware of my honkiness. I was about to walk away when this smart little girl comes up and starts to schuck the corn for her mom. Why didn't I think of that?

She kept watching me until I decide coolly to go grab another bag for whatever reason. I proceed to schuck with the girl and her mother. They were laughing at me in Spanish and I knew it. I'm OK with it. I never bought corn before. At least on my own. Besides, who buys groceries in New York. Boston is a whole new beast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home