Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Another Celetics Celeb Siting

There were these two girls sitting on the sideline next to the Nets. They got up and I took note on how well dressed/slightly overdressed they were for a basketball game. Who wears heels to a game? When they came back after halftime, Karen, my perpetual basketball buddy, and I both asked each other "who's daughters do you think they are?".

And then it dawned on me. It was Jojo (and a friend, with her parents sitting behind her). She's from Massachussetts. She's really cute and I immediately texted Shaka that he needs to date her. She was as into the game as we were and was super nice to all the starstruck kids and floor moppers who asked to say hi and for a pic. Larry Bird she is not.

But the real reason she was there was for the Akon concert after the game. I'm not an Akon fan, unlike Mike who really missed out on an impressively entertaining show. He brought out little hoodrats from the bleechers and girls (BTW, the Celtics dancers, while always making be feel good about my body because they are comprised of 90% "skinny fat" girls, cannot dance when not choreographed). He also brought out some older guy and had the girls wind on him, like he did to some white woman who was loving it.

Anyway, I like Jojo because she keeps it real for the people. Other than the little debacle at Hyde in LA last week ("I went for cookies & milk"), she's a good teen role model. Not like I wasn't going to clubs underage and doing all sorts of age-inappropriate things when I was 15 or 16. As long as she doesn't make it public, that's all that she needs to do to maintain my respect.

As if she needs it, I don't buy her albums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home