Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tomorrow Is December

And it was 65 fucking degrees today! Madness!

What is going on? Apparently, the Honolulu tradewinds stopped blowing, or something to that effect. Or El Nino. Potato/Patoto. It happens every couple years or so they say.

What does this mean? The Northeast is supposedly going to experience a "Pacific Northwest" winter with milder temps and lots 'o rain.

Do I believe this? No. I think it's the combination of global warming and the fact that daylight savings is an antiquated theory. The seasons have shifted. Which, unfortunately, means that I'm predicting it'll snow into April. The past few years it has, so maybe it'll snow into May. If I'm right, I'm more observant than every weather forecaster/meteorologist out there.

This will be my first full winter in New England. Because it isn't snowing and should have 5 jillion times already since October, I really want it to snow. If it were snowing, I'd be cursing a lot more. New England winters without snow is like taking Seasonale for birth control. There's something bothersome about not getting your period for 3 months, just like there's something bothersome with it being November 30th and the temperature being above 40 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home