Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Success!

The Janus Gala for the Brattle Theatre was amazing. Over 100 people showed up on a Sunday night. Here are the highlights of the evening:

- a great looking room
- lots of pictures that will hopefully lead to some press
- Mike's whole family showing up
- the mayor of Cambridge telling me that I was the best dressed person in the room
- introducing Mike's mom to Geraldine
- meeting the very sweet founder of the Brattle, Cy Harvey
- Ivy's touching speech
- watching Uncle Douglas fiddle with the centerpiece I made because he has ADD (explains SO much about Richard)
- Mike turning down dinner with the fam in order to help me clean up (which we got out of by driving Gerladine & Pato to their hotel)
- smoking a cigarette with Geraldine (and neither of us smoke)
- Geraldine giving me flowers an admirer brought because she didn't want them to go to waste at the hotel
- Pato giving me their phone number in Miami in case I'm down there in the next few months

Pictures to post as soon as I get my hands on them! Mike and I have such crushes on Geraldine and Pato, respectively. Hopefully we'll see them again soon.

Yay hard work! Yay philanthropy! Yay success!

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOUNDS AMAZING. . . SO SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU MAMA!! WAY TO ROCK IT!!!! YAY!!!! xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home