Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dynamos

I was listening to the radio and saw the name of the band playing. I forget the full name but it had the word "dynamo" in it and I had a major flashback.

Remember a few months back when Sarah forwarded that email to me from the East Village Celebutant? I had the most difficult time remembering what we used to call her and her clique (which only lasted a year because she's such a crazy cunt). Michelle claims she vaguely remembers this girl and I'm not sure if she was around when I tagged this group "The Dynamos".

Yeah, the Dynamos. That's what we called these bunch of girls who dressed like an Express catalog and had cheap accessories and ugly shoes. They didn't think their shit stunk, thought they were smart (regardless, I was always smarter and obviously more humble) and were convinced that they were the height of fashion. A bunch of us used this term to refer to them. We's say it to other people and have to explain who they were. No one openly used it like they would in Heathers, always refering to the popular girls as the Heathers. It caught on in a bitchy, catty sort of way.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG -- another ref to heathers
erin is havign a heathers party
and my quote in my high school year book was a heather quote!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home