Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"He who dies with the most toys wins"



The vixens over at Jezebel posted this hilarious pic (sorry so small) of Nigo of BApe infamy with his co-conspirator and Sarah Shirley lover, Pharell. Just look at his face!

Regardless, they linked to an endless story about Nigo in Portfolio that I couldn't bare to read. Basically, it explains the phenomenon that is Nigo and Bathing Ape for upper-middle class, possibly overweight white men (I can't let myself make a misogynistic comment in regards to the women in these men's lives if I'm linking to Jezebel). Snooze. What I do love is a picture of Nigo in his apt in Tokyo in a room full of toys such as Chairy from Pee-Wee's Playhouse, mulitple Gumby's, Sponge Bob and an ill painting of the Simpsons done by Kaws (I want it!). Nigo is a collector. And it just reminds me of my apartment, full of sneakers (no Bapesta's BTW), records, vinyl toys, movies, video games and the like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home