Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back Home

I've been really lazy the past three days, but before that I was busy, I swear.

I was swept up to Maine for photoshoot. I was expecting the worst and got the best. Best crew, best time, piece-of-cake shoot. It was the coldest day since May in Portland last Monday, but by the time I was getting in my car for a 4 1/2 hour drive to the Berkshires, it was rainy and 70 degrees.

The stylist I worked with was hilarious. I'll post pics of "Chairman Wow" as soon as I receive. All the assistants kept the on-going horror movie plot going and we shot in a beautiful former girls camp on a lake in the Sebago Lakes Region. Portland surprised me by being pretty cool (well, everything was closed by the time we rolled in, but there looked to be some good record shops) and the food was seriously good. With the exception of the client dinner, every meal was superb. The last night we discovered a cool neighborhood that the locals called "shady" (uh, then I live in a shady neighborhood by Portland standards).

After driving through a hell of a rain storm, I arrived in Lenox to be greeted by Hugo, Mike and the Stickler-Kean's. And a bottle of Veuve. We went apple picking, played ping pong at a friend's house (Jersey v. Mass - Jersey rules! Yeah Jesse!), went pumpkin picking and cooked a bunch. Then Callie came and we played a lot of games. Mike proved to be the master of Clue, with his supersleuth ways. The way his mind works at these things amazes me and I want him to write a short story about winning at Clue. In related news, we're going back to Lenox this weekend to catch the last show of the Sherlock Holmes play at Shakespeare & Co.

The theme of last week was stoking fires. I'm great at stoking fires. Too bad fires in 80 degree weather don't do much.

Thanks to the World Series (go Sox), there's nothing on TV except the episode of Family Guy where Meg is a lesbian and Stewie's ear gets bitten off by a deer. Genius.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home