Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Cool Freshman

While in Maine, most of Mike's friends got a cottage together ("The Starfish") on the hotel property (we were in the hotel). This was where all the cool kids were hanging out. It was a smorgasborg of Andover and Wessleyan kids, most of which I knew. It really was like high school again and I was the cool freshman.

When I was actually a freshman in HS, I always wanted to be part of the older, cooler crowd. Ten years later and I'm the cool freshman dating the funny senior, hanging out with his friend's at someone's beach house. I felt so proud of myself that I did it even though it took a decade. People knew me, people wanted to know me and those who didn't thought I was cool. Isn't that what every girl wants in high school?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home