Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Vote Tomorrow, Don't Die


I was always under the belief that Election Day was Nov 2nd every year. This could be because when I was a senior in HS back in T Rizzy, my political legal education class got the day off if we volunteered at the polls. Who wouldn't pass that up?!?

Since the polls opened 2 hours after school started, I decided to meet some friends for breakfast. I went to go pick up my ex husband (and official super sperm) Bender and decided to take the local route to IHOP. Two blocks from his house we got into a car accident that totaled my first car (sad face).

So the date November 2nd has always struck me (no pun intended) as Election Day. It's possible that it's Hugo's disputed birthday (although I think it's Nov 3rd or 4th).

On 11/2 I screamed at Mike to go vote. He didn't (rightfully so) and I told him that I hold him responsible if Deval Patrick doesn't win the MA gubernatorial race. I myself need to check up on my voter registration status (NJ-NY-MA???? where do I vote?) and luckily have the day to do so.

The moral of the story is go out and vote tomorrow. Fuck what Puffy said last year with the "Vote or Die" shit. I say, vote and don't die because I almost did one Election Day 6 years ago.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Nick W. said...

Wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home