Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Insomnia

The one thing I miss about living alone (well, having my own room) is not feeling bad about sleepless nights. Lately, whether because I'm hot/cold, having an allergy attack or waking up drunk/hungover a few hours early, I've been getting up around 4am. This is the second time this has happened this week. I like to make a valiant effort of trying to fall back asleep by tossing, turning and moaning for at least an hour. After that, I like to turn on the TV to catch the 3rd running of Adult Swim or perhaps the Family Guy or Futurama on TBS, which really are interchangeable and practically the same thing.

It might be the caffeine from the Excederin I made Mike get up to get me 2 hours ago or the blue light radiating from the power button on the TV we just got in the bedroom (which, by the way, is incredible - more on that later). Whatever it is tonight, I'm channeling it to writing dyslexic posts (if you only knew how many times I had to rewrite this), schizophrenic lists and fretting over what to get people for the holidays. The room is also slightly spinning and I have acid reflux. I guess you can call it positive anxiety or maybe productive anxiety. Too bad I won't want to do anything after I finally fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home