Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Black Shoes

Yesterday, I went to lunch with Ivy to chat about the close-to-final details of the Janus event. Everything is going smoothly for putting this together in 4 1/2 weeks. We've been getting very kind donations along with the RSVPs, important people, like Cy Harvey, who founded the Brattle and Janus Films, are coming, and I have a kickass dress. Except the shoes...

Ivy and I began to discuss our gala garments and I opened the Pandora's box that is inside every woman's closet - shoes. On my way to lunch, I found a great pair of black suede pumps with the perfect stacked heel for $80. Needless to say I tried them on in a 6 and they were HUGE! Are my feet shrinking? Probably not, but that's the most likely reason I spend so much money on dress shoes. I can't help that I have tiny Asian feet and only specific brands actually fit. It's like fancy bras if my boobs were too small/big.

Regardless, this frustrated me and I shared this frustration with Ivy. I really want black shoes for my dress, which is a greyish purple with black velvet and a deep purple lining. I have 3 pairs of black shoes - 1 flat (that are too small and too pointy), 1 kitten heel (which aren't dressy enough) and 1 strappy stiletto (which are painfully distracting because the back strap slides down plus it's cold out and my extremities would freeze). Most of my pretty party shoes are brown or aqua or gold or anything but black. Ivy has too many red shoes and not enough black shoes. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Anyway, I found a pair of wedges as I passed LF on my way back to my car. I bought them without thinking twice. I need to make some changes which will be time consuming yet easy. They look cute with the dress and black stockings - although I'm debating whether to do textured or sheer (I like textured, plus they're warmer). I feel good about them and don't have the need to consult my style counsel, but I am tempted to ring them up just because (PS I'm trademarking "style counsel" so no biting, bitches). I just need a haircut, a big chunky black bracelet and a cocktail ring and I'm set.

By the way, the shoes are purple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home