Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Whitest Girl You Know

Remember in the late 80s/early 90s when bands used their name as song titles? Classics like "Wang Chung Tonight" by Wang Chung or "The New Kids on the Block" by NKOTB? You just don't get that anymore. I think Wu Tang might even have a title track on 36 Chambers.

Anyway, I don't want any random folks to get mislead by this name so I'm going to break it down as simply as I can. Besides the fact that I'm in desperate need of a tan all year long thanks to my predominately Irish and German heritage, since leaving my extremely whitebread childhood in NJ, I've ended up being the whitest girl in the room. OK, well, after Caroline but she's a viking and you don't fuck with vikings (more on that another time).

I lived in Manhattan for six years prior to moving to Boston in January. Naturally, I picked up a diverse group of friends over the years. It dawned upon me sometime in 2002 when I was living deep in the heart of Chinatown that I really was the whitest girl wherever I went. So this blog is NOT to be taken as racial, although race and ethnicity will come up because I'm fascinated with it. This will also not be a fashion blog, a gossip blog, a political blog (the least likely of topics), or even a professionally written blog. I don't know what it'll end up being or what I'll bring up. All of it, some of it, none of it. I don't even know how to post links or pictures yet.

Bear with me. I can be funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home