Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Aversion to Failure (Happy New Year!)

I've spent too many hours in cars driving form here to there, getting lost from there to there and making 5 more trips before getting back home. Holidays were lovely - surprised the hell out of my folks with a new TV (their reaction: "Are you high?"), hung out a lot with my HS BFF Abbey. But that's besides my point here.

Last year, my resolution was stop bitching about Boston. I had a terrible attitude toward my adopted city and I realized that I needed to change that around if I were to ever enjoy life here. Mission accomplished. But what about this year?

I have an aversion to failure. It's my biggest fear. I don't do a lot of things because I'm so petrified of failing. Is it because I'm a perfectionist? Or a Virgo? I mean, I'm one of the laziest people I know, but I always squash opportunities I can create for myself in the earliest stages simply because I think there's a chance (be it big or small) or failure. I don't want to waste time, money or embarrassment (I embarrass myself enough elsewhere in life). And all I ever say is that I need something to excite me to keep me productive. So really, what's the hold up?

Realizing that most success is the offspring of failure, I need to try. I need to stop holding off on things simply because I don't want that particular project to result as a failure. So my resolution is to stop getting in the way of myself, or allowing anyone else's opinions about whatever get in the way of what I want to do. That includes work, taking tap dancing lessons, how I dress and starting a jazz band with Shaka.

Only time will tell. Also, I got a new pretty red camera so expect lots more personal pics. Excitement all around.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home