Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo



As I sit here and eat Smart Puffs for breakfast, I want to remind everyone that it's Mexican Independence Day. What's that mean to me? Margaritas. Blue ones. Made by Daniel. Today is the season's inaugural roof top party at our house. Unforthch, Mike and I have to go to bootcamp in 2 hours so our concentration levels on tacos and 'dillas have to be pushed off for a few more hours. It's also a belated birthday party for Mike, who's bday was 2 days ago.

Also on this day 11 years ago was the birth of Fefe and Velveeta and my growing subversive sense of humor. F+V was a sketch comedy skit thought up by my friends Brianne and Kyla while at my house. We had a video camera and my mom's old bridesmaid dresses. Comedy ensued. I don't think we fully grasped the idea of homosexuality at the tender age of 13 (remember, I'm suburban), but basically it was Bri and Kyla running around in costume, screaming in weird voices while playing these characters, who fell in love. There were 3 or 4 tapes made, including one where Bamirfa (played by the now-fat "Kym") is introduced at a resort pool (a.k.a. my parent's aboveground pool) and Fefe (Brianne, I think?) has an affair with her. The series was so popular, it became a comic strip in our school newspaper. Just imagine if YouTube was around in those days! In the reality, everyone involved grew up to be relatively heterosexual, resulting in children, high number of sex partners for a fat girl and hot boyfriends.

P.S. Is that a cactus pop the cartoon above is eating?

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mexican independence is september 16. 5 de mayo is a small holiday. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home