Whitest Girl You Know

Translucent ruminations of a very pale girl.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

What's Football Speak for "Red Sox Nation"

Is it Pats Country? Whatever it's called, I visited it today at the Stadium in Southie. Places like that shouldn't be taken soberly, which of course I did because I'm about to go to dinner with Mike's fam at Oishi (sushi two nights in a row folks, I'm sure you can guess how hungry I am).

I don't get football. My dad never watched it, Mike doesn't watch it, and I only went to homecoming games in high school. Football makes me think of my cousins and uncles after Thanksgiving dinner, some watching with intensity, others lightly drooling as they nod off in a tryptophan coma. Regardless, everyone around me watches it.

Bro made me watch college football at the beginning of the season, Shaka's world stops on Sunday's and Monday nights and Karen goes to the Stadium every Sunday. I'm a good sport about it. I've watched games with Shaka and Braun because it's better than watching Mike play video games, I'll listen to Daniel ramble about plays and I'll go to the Stadium with Karen (even if her guy friends refer to me as "Angry Girl" because I'm sober, watching something I could care less about). All because I love these people. But I will never ever get it or really even care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home